Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hone your Super Power to change your mindset...

A little over 2 years ago I was feeling so frustrated and defeated by what I felt was my lack of parenting skills.  My kids were ages 6 mon, 2, 4, 9, & 14.  It was a constant battle of trying to motivate them to keep their rooms clean, do their homework, help with the house chores and for Pete's sake just be kind to each other.  Recognizing that I am the parent and accountable for what I'm teaching them, I was constantly feeling like a failure. I was at a low point.  I felt like all I ever did was either nag, or yell.  Really inspiring right there! 😜 

Then I was introduced to Mind Hack by David Bayer.  I had been studying many other thought leaders on the subject of mental toughness and brain change but David puts it in such a succinct way with action steps I could follow and it made a huge difference...

I know the skeptic just came out and said "Yeah right!!"  But before you move on to scrolling Facebook again or looking at cats on Pinterest, hear me out.     

The problem isn't the problem...

What does that mean?  

It means by working through the mind hack process, I realized my problem wasn't what I thought it was.  I was spending so much time in suffering being sad and frustrated and depressed over my kid's behavior.  I thought my suffering was because my kids weren't listening. The story I had created as to why they weren't listening is that I wasn't teaching them how to behave better.  This meant that I wasn't doing my job as a parent.  I had attached my worth and ability as a parent to the behavior of my children, which of course made me feel terrible....

Can you relate? 

What I learned, is that you when you're in a suffering state of being, there is something that isn't aligned with who you really are.  Which meant something that I was believing, or telling myself about the situation wasn't true.  So if my story was false that my children's misbehavior meant I was a terrible parent...then what was the truth?...

The truth was simple...my children have agency, just like me...and when they choose differently than what I am teaching...doesn't make me a bad parent.  I can choose to detach their behavior from my worth and ability as a parent. This took a HUGE load off of my shoulders...because here's the real truth, I teach my kids EVERY DAY...EVERY DAY...EVERY DAY the way to behave and what's appropriate.  I work my tail off teaching them how to be a contributor in our family and because I care how they turn out, means that I am a GREAT Parent.  

So what?  What does that mean for you?  Are there ways that you are suffering in emotional pain, fear, frustration, anxiety, anger, sadness or any other negative emotion?  If Yes, then it means that your beliefs around the things you are suffering, are not in alignment with truth, of who you really are.  Want to get out of being stuck in suffering?  

Click the Link...Learn how to Hack your own mind.  


Let me know what you discover...

No comments: