Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Full Circle...But Moving up!

Wow...18 Months...I guess I get to be accountable as to why I haven't posted. haha  Its because I haven't wanted to be accountable!  When I first started this blog, I felt inspired to share what had been happening in my life and how it was serving me to be accountable.  As time went on, I allowed my little negative voice inside my head tell me that what I had to share wasn't that important or noteworthy.  Also Jason and I had been praying about what direction our future should go.  We both felt like Jason should go back to school full time.  He's always wanted to be a Doctor but never wanted to go through the schooling to get there.  2 years ago we felt prompted for him to begin school in Fall of 2011 to become a Nurse Anesthetist.  We also felt like he shouldn't work at all, at-least not the first couple of semesters to make sure he could really focus on his grades.  That would mean that I would need to be the bread winner.  Ugh! I knew it was the right decision for our family, but when it came time for me to actually make it happen, I totally choked.  I allowed fear to paralyze me.  My work ethic sucked!  I was overcome by fear of what other people would think of me as I pursued my businesses of massage and Financial Planning.  Because I didn't do the leg work to get my businesses off the ground, my whole family suffered.  Last December, I got to give the news to my 7 year old that he didn't get to see his cousins for Christmas and then watch him cry inconsolably. Yeah, I felt AWESOME....(note the huge sense of sarcasm!)  I cried too.  We made the best of Christmas which turned out well and we enjoyed ourselves.  Between Christmas and New Years, I felt inspired to plan out 2012 of what I could accomplish in my business.  Once I got it down on paper, it felt really good...for a couple of days and then that little negative voice started screaming in my ears that there's no way "Melanie Crane" can accomplish that!  The stupid thing is that I listened to it. I froze again.  I stopped listening to the promptings of what I needed to do just to move forward and the longer I didn't act, the more miserable I became. What I realized is that little voice was right!  I can't accomplish those goals that I wrote down...but they weren't MY goals.  They were inspired...which means little human, with lots of follies, Melanie...that's ME....can't!  But it doesn't matter whether I can or not...with the Lord ALL things are POSSIBLE!  ...there's no disclaimer on that scripture...I've looked. :D  So, about a week later, I decided that I was done FEELING LIKE CRAP!!! And that I deserved to repent.  I deserved to humble myself and start trusting in the Lord and what He was asking me to do.  Its interesting to me that as SOON as I started turning to the Lord, my burden felt immediately lighter.  I struggled back and forth over the year, but I kept moving forward.  One tiny intsy weentsy step at a time.  I had decided in January that I would find a massage therapy job that would help pay the bills while I was building my financial business...I enjoyed working at Nouveau Day Spa, but after fighting it for 9 months, I realized that I was spreading myself too thin.  I needed to focus my efforts.  I felt like I needed be out on my own making my own hours, doing my own personal marketing.  I needed to be back in control of my own success.  So through a lot of prayer and leg work, we decided for me to open my own office, creating a new massage business. Its in a beautiful building that gives me access to everything I need to run BOTH of my businesses.  It feels so great and so many things have fallen into place as I have listened to what my next step is.  So, here it is December again, and I am looking looking back at the progress I have made...though it be a FAR cry from the vision I have, I am grateful for the Lord's hand in my life and the direction I am headed.  Stephen Covey, in his book "First Things First" he says. "Vision is greater than baggage".  So I add to it, that with Christ, all things are possible.  I am committed to hand over my baggage to Him , and accept His vision of me, and choose to see myself through His lenses. Let's go on this journey together. :D

No comments: